Medical coding is the first step in the Medical Billing Process. At ALT TAB Healthcare Solutions, all coders are certified and work under the guidance and supervision of a team of expert physicians. We have a team of highly qualified physicians and attorneys with the capacity to handle every scenario.
Our coders follow the ICD-10 guidelines accurately incorporating recent changes, updates and recommendations. A well-established multi-tier system of expert review rules out the possibility of any error. Medical records are accessed through an encrypted and secure VPN. All documents are organized, split into manageable batches, and reviewed several times by a different group of experts before further processing, to ensure 100% accuracy. These documents are then reorganized, scanned for readability, and delegated to coders.
- CPT, ICD-10, HCPCS, and DRG coding across various specialties
- Strict compliance with all insurance and government regulatory requirements
- Proficiency with different payer-specific coding requirements
- Code modifications to incorporate carrier-specific requirements
- Secure Data Access through encrypted VPN network
- Continued education and robust auditing practices
- Follow industry best practices in EHR implementation
- Vast experience in the field, minimal denials or delays
- Dedicated team for diligent quality control
HOW DO WE CODE?
Medical Coding is one of the most sensitive processes of the Revenue Cycle Management process and Our approach is as follows:
- Focus on accurate and reliable coding practices, implementation of industry best practices for coding with transparent and standardized methodology.
- Our Coders have complete access to a continuously updated KBD (Knowledge Based Documents) library that provides all relevant information and minimizes errors, resulting in cleaner claim processing ,Coding reviews and audits, complete documentation with customizable and standard reports.
- Every error in the past has been documented, procedures have been modified with a strong focus on continuous process improvement which has brought amazingly positive results.
- Using superior technology to optimize service delivery and improve efficiency.
- Ongoing interaction and consultation with physicians, healthcare providers and insurance carriers to streamline operations.
- Consistently achieving accuracy levels of 97-98% whilst remaining compliant with all government regulations.
We ensure that our clients are not bothered with the complexities of coding, helping them focus on developing core competencies by effectively providing comprehensive, consistent, accurate and reliable coding services.
Industry coding standards followed by ALT TAB HealthCare Solutions:
- Procedure Codes (CPT: Current Procedural Terminology)
- Diagnosis Codes (ICD: International Classification of Disease)
- Dental Procedure Codes (CDT: Current Dental Terminology)
- Other Procedure Codes (HCPCS: Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System)
- Drug Codes (NDC: National Drug Codes)
- Coding for Inpatient Services (ICD)